Jump to Main Content
- Costa, Juan F.; Cosio, Walter; Gianoli, Ernesto
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 2007 v.125 no.2 pp. 165-169
- Calystegia sepium; Chelymorpha; adulthood; adults; eggs; gardens; group size; host plants; larvae; larval development; leaves; neonates; oviposition; rearing; regression analysis
- ... In laboratory and garden experiments, we tested for the existence of adaptive patterns of oviposition and larval behaviour regarding group size in the gregarious tortoise beetle Chelymorpha varians Blanchard (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae: Cassidinae) on its host plant Calystegia sepium L. (Convolvulaceae). Specifically, we addressed the following questions: (i) Which is the more frequent egg cluster ...
- Larentzaki, Eleni; Powell, Glen; Copland, Mike J.W.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 2007 v.124 no.2 pp. 143-151
- Franklinothrips vespiformis; adulthood; adults; biological control agents; cold; cold tolerance; eclosion; eggs; exposure duration; females; greenhouses; heat sums; instars; larvae; overwintering; oviposition; pests; rearing; temperature; Israel; United Kingdom
- ... This study investigated the effect of temperature on the development and overwintering potential of the predatory thrips Franklinothrips vespiformis (Crawford) (Thysanoptera: Aeolothripidae), a biological control agent used against glasshouse pests in continental Europe and Israel. Developmental rates increased linearly with rearing temperatures. It was estimated that 304.9 degree days, above a lo ...