Jump to Main Content
- Costa, Juan F.; Cosio, Walter; Gianoli, Ernesto
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 2007 v.125 no.2 pp. 165-169
- Calystegia sepium; Chelymorpha; adulthood; adults; eggs; gardens; group size; host plants; larvae; larval development; leaves; neonates; oviposition; rearing; regression analysis
- ... In laboratory and garden experiments, we tested for the existence of adaptive patterns of oviposition and larval behaviour regarding group size in the gregarious tortoise beetle Chelymorpha varians Blanchard (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae: Cassidinae) on its host plant Calystegia sepium L. (Convolvulaceae). Specifically, we addressed the following questions: (i) Which is the more frequent egg cluster ...
- Horgan, Finbarr G.; Quiring, Dan T.; Lagnaoui, Aziz; Pelletier, Yvan
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 2007 v.125 no.1 pp. 1-12
- Phthorimaea operculella; Solanum berthaultii; eggs; females; herbivores; host plants; larvae; leaves; moths; neonates; oviposition; potatoes; soil; trichomes; tubers
- ... This study examines the response of tuber moth, Phthorimaea operculella (Zeller) (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae), during the initial stages of attack, to variability in trichome density and composition on foliage of Solanum berthaultii (Hawkes) and Solanum tarijense (Hawkes) (Solanaceae). Solanum berthaultii bears two types of glandular trichome (type A and type B) that together reduced oviposition by ...