Jump to Main Content
- Petersen, M.K.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1999 v.90 no.2 pp. 207-214
- lipid content; overwintering; predatory insects; Bembidion lampros; longevity; hibernation; body weight; Tachyporus hypnorum; spring; body fat; nutrient reserves; mortality; starvation; Denmark
- ... The capacity of the polyphagous predators Bembidion lampros Herbst (Coleoptera: Carabidae) and Tachyporus hypnorum F. (Coleoptera; Staphylinidae) to survive starvation in early spring was investigated. The two species are of similar size and live in the same habitat. They have similar life cycles; where adults emerge in autumn, hibernate during winter and disperse during spring into arable fields ...
- Bligaard, J.; Meadow, R.; Nielsen, O.; Percy-Smith, A.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1999 v.90 no.2 pp. 141-148
- Delia radicum; Delia floralis; oviposition; insect traps; monitoring; sampling; Brassica oleracea var. botrytis; Brassica oleracea var. capitata; insect control; soil sampling; economic threshold; Denmark; Norway
- ... The use of felt traps to estimate oviposition by the cabbage root fly, Delia radicum (L.), and turnip root fly, Delia floralis (Fall.), was compared with soil sampling at seven localities between 1992 and 1994 in Denmark and Norway. In all, 281 comparisons were made, based on 6800 samples. In 4.6% of these comparisons no eggs were found by either method. In 16% of the comparisons, 2.0 +/- 0.41 (+/ ...