Jump to Main Content
- Wyss, E.; Villiger, M.; Hemptinne, J.L.; Muller-Scharer, H.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1999 v.90 no.2 pp. 167-173
- Adalia bipunctata; Dysaphis plantaginea; biological control agents; biological control; ova; larvae; population density; Formicidae; Malus domestica; orchards; predators; Switzerland
- ... The impact of augmentative releases of larvae and eggs of the indigenous ladybird beetle Adalia bipunctata (L.) (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) against the rosy apple aphid Dysaphis plantaginea Pass. (Homoptera: Aphididae), a major pest insect on apple trees, was assessed in field experiments in Switzerland, during 1997. In a first experiment, eggs and larvae were released on 3-year old apple trees in ...
- Royer, L.; Boivin, G.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1999 v.90 no.2 pp. 199-205
- volatile compounds; Delia radicum; Aleochara bilineata; kairomones; searching behavior; Brassica napus subsp. rapifera; feces; predators; odors; foraging; integument; olfactometers
- ... Aleochara bilineata Gyll. (Coleoptera: Staphylinidae) adults feed on eggs and larvae of cabbage maggot, Delia radicum (L.) (Diptera: Anthomyiidae), and might be used to control this pest. We undertook tests in a Y-tube olfactometer to determine if infochemicals are involved in the food foraging behaviour of A. bilineata adults and to precisely determine the potential sources of stimuli. A. bilinea ...