Jump to Main Content
- Kadono-Okuda, Keiko; Sakurai, Hironori; Takeda, Susumu; Okuda, Takashi
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1995 v.75 no.2 pp. 145-149
- Braconidae; Coccinella septempunctata; adults; diapause; eggs; hemocoel; insect growth; instars; larvae; larval development; methoprene; parasitoids; photoperiod; physiological state; pupae; teratocytes
- ... The relationship between the development of Coccinella septempunctata brucki Mulsant (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) and its parasitoid, Perilitus coccinellae (Schrank) (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) was studied at two photoperiods (L16:D8 and L12:D12) at 26 °C. The development of P. coccinellae is well synchronized with the physiological state of the host, C. septempunctata, which can be parasitized not o ...
- Zhou, X.; Honek, A.; Powell, W.; Carter, N.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1995 v.75 no.2 pp. 99-107
- Coccinella septempunctata; adults; altitude; autumn; body length; body weight; breeding; females; habitats; hibernation; lipid content; males; mortality; overwintering; sex ratio; spring; temperature; Czech Republic; England
- ... Adults of Coccinella septempunctata L. (Coleoptera; Coccinellidae) were sampled in four overwintering sites: one in England and three at different altitudes in the Czech Republic (350-1420 m above sea level) in autumn 1992 and spring 1993. Body length, dry weight and fat weight were measured. There were significant differences in body length between sampling sites in spring 1993, but not in autumn ...