Jump to Main Content
- Carrière, Y.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1992 v.65 no.1 pp. 1-10
- Choristoneura rosaceana; Malus domestica; Populus tremuloides; Rosa; alternative hosts; apples; autumn; diapause; diet; evolution; fecundity; females; hatching; herbivores; host plants; host preferences; insect larvae; insects; instars; leaves; males; overwintering; prediction; pupae; pupation; summer
- ... Feeding performance of larvae of the obliquebanded leafroller, Choristoneura rosaceana (Harris), was estimated on apple and three alternative hosts in the Okanagan Valley. The obliquebanded leafroller is native to the study area and apple was introduced in the valley at the beginning of the century. Components of insect fitness were measured to help formulate predictions about the evolution of hos ...
- Dowd, P.F.; Peng, F.C.; Chen, J.W.; Ling, K.H.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1992 v.65 no.1 pp. 57
- growth retardation; Zea mays; Helicoverpa zea; mortality; Aspergillus terreus; cholinesterase; inhibitors; mycotoxins; toxicity; insecticidal properties
- ... The toxicity and anticholinesterase activity of tremorgenic fungal metabolites, territrems, to the corn earworm, Helioverpa zea (Boddie) (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae) were examined. In oral toxicity studies, territrem A significantly inhibited growth by 40% at 25 ppm and by 89% at 250 ppm. Territrem B and an epoxy-derivative significantly inhibited growth by ca. 45% at 250 ppm. Piperonyl butoxide admin ...