Jump to Main Content
- Tomalak, M.; Lipa, J.J.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1991 v.59 no.2 pp. 105-110
- Galleria mellonella; Lycoriella mali; Steinernema feltiae; biological control; entomopathogenic nematodes; juveniles; mushroom compost; mushroom growing; mushrooms; nematode infections; nematode larvae; parasites; parasitism; pathogenicity; water content
- ... The host-searching ability of Neoaplectana feltiae Filipjev (= S. bibionis Bovien) (Nematoda: Steinernematidae) in response to larvae of a mushroom fly, Lycoriella solani Winn. was examined in a mushroom substrate. Individuals of L. solani were less attractive for the parasite than larvae of Galleria mellonella L. The nematode juveniles penetrated a 22 cm layer of casing mixture within 2-4 days. I ...
- Finch, S.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1991 v.59 no.2 pp. 169-173
- Calliphoridae; Delia radicum; Meligethes aeneus; cole crops; color; equipment performance; insects; pests; surface area; trap crops; water traps
- ... The contribution of the various surfaces of a water trap to the trap's overall effectiveness was studied in brassica crops by painting black different parts of fluorescent-yellow water-traps. Three pest species, Delia radicum (L.), D. platura (Meig.), and Meligethes aeneus (Fab.)/Meligethes viridescens (Fab.), together with blowflies and syrphids, were caught in large numbers. Each insect responde ...