Jump to Main Content
- Abdelwahab, Ahmed H.; Michaud, J.P.; Bayoumy, Mohamed H.; Awadalla, Samir S.; El‐Gendy, Mohamed
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 2018 v.166 no.2 pp. 124-130
- Harmonia axyridis; adults; crossing; daughters; eggs; fecundity; females; instars; larval development; parents; pleiotropy; pupation; reproductive success; sexual selection; China; North America
- ... Previous work revealed that Harmonia axyridisPallas (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) in Beijing, China, were capable of regenerating a forelimb amputated in the fourth instar; 75% of surviving individuals fully regenerated the limb during pupation. In this study, we tested a population of H. axyridis invasive in North America and found that virtually 100% of beetles surviving the operation successfully ...
- Liu, Huan; Gao, Zhou; Deng, Shu‐Zhen; Cao, Feng‐Qin; Lu, Yong‐Yue
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 2018 v.166 no.2 pp. 102-112
- Bactrocera dorsalis; adults; body weight; fecundity; females; fruit flies; green light; laboratory experimentation; light traps; longevity; males; models; mortality; orchards; oviposition; pest monitoring; pests; phototaxis; pupae; pupal development; red light; sticky traps; wavelengths; China
- ... The oriental fruit fly, Bactrocera dorsalis Hendel (Diptera: Tephritidae), is an invasive pest of orchards around the world, particularly in Asian countries such as China. Light traps offer a potential means for pest monitoring and management. This study aimed to evaluate the sensitivity of the fly to light and investigate the impact of monochromatic light in the sensitivity spectrum on B. dorsali ...