Jump to Main Content
- Bautista, R.C.; Harris, E.J.; Lawrence, P.O.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1998 v.89 no.1 pp. 79
- parasitism, etc ; reproduction; egg masses; Fopius arisanus; Bactrocera dorsalis; parasitoids; mass rearing; host-parasite relationships; age; biological development; sex ratio; longevity; biological control agents; parasites; life tables; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Aspects of Biosteres arisanus (Sonan) (=Opius oophilus Fullaway) (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) development on the oriental fruit fly, Bactrocera (=Dacus) dorsalis (Hendel), were investigated to facilitate mass production in the insectary. Life table statistics were generated for cohorts of B. arisanus females. Overlap in the emergence of fruit flies and parasitoids necessitated a procedure for segrega ...
- LENTEREN, J.C.; NELL, H.W.; LELIE, L.A. SEVENSTER; WOETS, J.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1976 pp. 123-130
- parasitism, etc ; Encarsia formosa; Trialeurodes vaporariorum; host-parasite relationships; parasites; searching behavior; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Analysis of the searching behaviour of Encarsia formosa showed that this parasite was not able to locate its individual hosts (Trialeurodes vaporariorum) from a certain distance. In addition, quantitative data on sizes and numbers of hosts of each stage present on the leaf parts under observation, and the number of contacts the wasp made with these showed that the host-searching behaviour of E. fo ...