Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Xingyan; Rizvi, Syed Arif Hussain; Wang, Huatang; Zeng, Xinnian
- Entomological research 2019 v.49 no.1 pp. 63-71
- Citrus; Diaphorina citri; Murraya paniculata; Psyllidae; adults; ears; eggs; females; genitalia; host plants; hydrochloric acid; oviposition; oviposition sites; ovipositor; pests; phytophagous insects; scanning electron microscopy; seedlings; sensilla; sternum
- ... The Asian citrus psyllid (ACP), Diaphorina citri Kuwayama (Hemiptera:Psyllidae), is one of the most important pests of citrus plants worldwide, due to be the dominant vector of the devastating citrus disease Huanglongbing (HLB). Selection of suitable oviposition site is a crucial event of phytophagous insect life. Usually, the chemical and physical characteristics of a host plant were recognized b ...
- Yasin, Muhammad; Wakil, Waqas; Ghazanfar, Muhammad Usman; Qayyum, Mirza Abdul; Tahir, Muhammad; Bedford, Geoffrey O.
- Entomological research 2019 v.49 no.1 pp. 3-12
- Beauveria bassiana; Metarhizium anisopliae; Phoenix dactylifera; Rhynchophorus ferrugineus; adults; conidia; entomopathogenic fungi; field crops; forests; fruits; insects; larvae; mortality; mycoses; orchards; soil sampling; vegetables; virulence
- ... Nineteen different isolates of the entomopathogenic fungi Beauveria bassiana sensu lato (s.l.) and Metarhizium anisopliae s.l. (Ascomycota: Hypocreales), recovered from different soil samples (field crops, fruit orchards, vegetable fields and forests) and insect cadavers were tested against Rhynchophorus ferrugineus (Olivier) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) at two different spore concentrations (1 × 1 ...