Jump to Main Content
- Suh, Kyong In; Hwang, Jeong Mi; Bae, Yeon Jae; Kang, Ji Hyoun
- Entomological research 2019 v.49 no.1 pp. 46-54
- DNA barcoding; Ephemeroptera; aquatic invertebrates; cytochrome-c oxidase; environmental monitoring; freshwater ecosystems; genes; genetic distance; haplotypes; larvae; mitochondrial DNA; polyphyly; species identification; South Korea
- ... DNA barcoding of aquatic macroinvertebrates holds much promise as a tool for taxonomic research and for providing baseline reference for phylogenetic analysis and aquatic ecosystem biomonitoring. We obtained 112 novel sequences of the barcode region of the mitochondrial DNA cytochrome c oxidase subunit I gene representing 11 families, 25 genera, and 43 species of mayfly (Insecta: Ephemeroptera) fr ...
- Jung, Duck‐Oung; Park, Dae‐Sup; Shim, Jae‐Kyoung; Lee, Sukchan; Pyee, Jaeho; Lee, Kyeong‐Yeoll
- Entomological research 2019 v.49 no.1 pp. 72-77
- Aceria; chlorosis; cytochrome-c oxidase; genetic variation; golf courses; internal transcribed spacers; leaves; mites; mitochondria; monitoring; pests; ribosomal DNA; surveys; turf grasses; Korean Peninsula
- ... Mites are one of the serious pests of turfgrass. Our survey of turfgrass fields from 2013 to 2015 in Korea showed that the occurrence of leaf chlorotic symptom has gradually extended to at least 60% of the examined golf courses. We identified the zoysiae mite Aceria zoysiae in most damaged zoysiagrasses. Artificial infestation of A. zoysiae into zoysiagrasses in pots resulted in symptoms of chloro ...