Jump to Main Content
- Elsayed, Ayman Khamis; Matsuo, Kazunori; Kim, Wanggyu; Uechi, Nami; Yukawa, Junichi; Gyoutoku, Naohisa; Tokuda, Makoto
- Entomological science 2018 v.21 no.3 pp. 324-339
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Asphondylia; Eulophidae; Schoepfia; adults; fungi; galls; host plants; inquilinism; insects; instars; mycelium; new species; phylogeny; plant organs; surveys; trees; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Different gall inducers belonging to distinct insect orders are rarely known to induce similarly shaped galls on the same host plant organs. We report that Asphondylia tojoi Elsayed & Tokuda sp. nov. (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) and Ceratoneura sp. (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae) induce galls on leaf buds of Schoepfia jasminodora Sieb. et Zucc. (Schoepfiaceae). We describe the gall midge species as new to s ...
- Zhang, Xin; Miyashita, Tadashi
- Entomological science 2018 v.21 no.1 pp. 133-141
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Plebejus; autumn; butterflies; ecosystems; forests; grasslands; habitat connectivity; habitat conservation; habitat fragmentation; host plants; invasive species; landscapes; nectar; riparian areas; rivers; shade; summer; Japan; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Plebejus argyrognomon is one of the grassland‐dwelling butterflies undergoing rapid decline in recent decades. Grassland habitats for butterflies are generally threatened by fragmentation and invasive species, hence are among the most vulnerable ecosystems. We studied the seasonal abundance of P. argyrognomon at habitat patches along the banks of the Kinugawa River in eastern Japan, to identify en ...