Jump to Main Content
- OMOLOYE, Adebayo A.
- Entomological science 2010 v.13 no.3 pp. 320-327
- Orseolia; Oryza glaberrima; Oryza sativa; ambient temperature; complement; eggs; fecundity; females; genotype; insects; instars; interspecific variation; larvae; mortality; photoperiod; relative humidity; rice
- ... This study assessed the effects of genotype variations in two cultivated rice species: Oryza glaberrima and Oryza sativa on the biology and galling characteristics of the African rice gall midge (AfRGM), Orseolia oryzivora Harris and Gagné. The study was conducted in the screen house at ambient temperature (27 ± 3°C), 70 ± 5% relative humidity and 12:12 h photoperiod. Shoot galling, the most visib ...
- HIYAMA, Atsuki; IWATA, Masaki; OTAKI, Joji M.
- Entomological science 2010 v.13 no.3 pp. 293-302
- Lycaenidae; Nymphalidae; adults; artificial diets; butterflies; cages; color; eggs; evolution; flowers; genetics; grasses; host plants; larvae; leaves; nutritional support; rearing; wings
- ... Although some nymphalid butterflies have been intensively used to study mechanisms of the colour pattern formation on butterfly wings, lycaenid butterflies are equally attractive, having easily identifiable distinct spot patterns and highly diverse colour patterns among species. To establish a lycaenid model system for physiological and genetic experiments, we here describe a series of methods for ...