Jump to Main Content
- OMOLOYE, Adebayo A.
- Entomological science 2010 v.13 no.3 pp. 320-327
- Orseolia; Oryza glaberrima; Oryza sativa; ambient temperature; complement; eggs; fecundity; females; genotype; insects; instars; interspecific variation; larvae; mortality; photoperiod; relative humidity; rice
- ... This study assessed the effects of genotype variations in two cultivated rice species: Oryza glaberrima and Oryza sativa on the biology and galling characteristics of the African rice gall midge (AfRGM), Orseolia oryzivora Harris and Gagné. The study was conducted in the screen house at ambient temperature (27 ± 3°C), 70 ± 5% relative humidity and 12:12 h photoperiod. Shoot galling, the most visib ...
- SASAKAWA, Kôji
- Entomological science 2010 v.13 no.3 pp. 358-362
- Bidens pilosa; Carabidae; Digitaria ciliaris; Humulus; Moraceae; Tenebrio; adults; animals; carnivores; dietary supplements; eating habits; instars; laboratory rearing; larvae; larval development; mortality; omnivores; overwintering; seed predation; seeds; soil ecology; starvation; temperate zones
- ... Ground beetles (Coleoptera: Carabidae) are important components of soil ecosystems in temperate zones, but our knowledge regarding the ecology of many species is limited. This study examined larval food habits in the ground beetle Amara (Curtonotus) gigantea (Motschulsky) using laboratory-rearing experiments. Because this beetle is a member of the tribe Zabrini, which includes several species that ...