Jump to Main Content
- QU, Ying; LIU, Yue
- Environment, development and sustainability 2017 v.19 no.3 pp. 939-953
- carbon; case studies; cities; energy; energy conservation; entropy; issues and policy; laws and regulations; models; pollution; renewable energy sources; sustainable development; transportation; urbanization; China
- ... Facing the ever-increasing serious pollution from carbon emission and the pressing need for sustainable development, China initiated the strategy of low-carbon development in 2010. Since then, eight cities and five provinces have been selected as pilot areas to develop a low-carbon economy. Under such a circumstance, this study aimed to construct a indicator system and evaluating model so that the ...
- Zhang, Jin; Manske, Günther; Zhou, Pi Qi; Tischbein, Bernhard; Becker, Mathias; Li, Zhao Hua
- Environment, development and sustainability 2017 v.19 no.3 pp. 791-805
- agricultural land; application rate; corn; farms; fertilizer application; grain crops; household surveys; households; income; infrastructure; issues and policy; low educational status; markets; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; regression analysis; rice; water pollution; watersheds; wheat; China
- ... Overuse of nitrogen (N) fertilizers in agriculture activities has caused severe water pollution in China. The lack of data at producer level hampers decision makers in the development and implementation of efficient policies to curb excessive N-fertilizer use. In a survey of 300 farm households in the Liangzihu Lake basin, we identified factors associated with farmers’ decisions on N-fertilizer us ...