Jump to Main Content
- Kumar, Surender; Managi, Shunsuke
- Environment and development economics 2016 v.21 no.1 pp. 109-133
- carbon; carbon dioxide; climate; climate change; cost benefit analysis; developing countries; economic impact; economic productivity; global carbon budget; greenhouse gas emissions; innovation adoption
- ... Climate and institutions might be crucial in lowering the vagaries of climate change impacts in terms of productivity. This study measures the relationships of productivity measures adjusted for the regulation of carbon emission and institutions together with climate change throughout the world. This paper finds that there is higher potential for reduction of CO₂ emissions in developing countries ...
- Grunewald, Nicole; Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada
- Environment and development economics 2016 v.21 no.1 pp. 1-22
- carbon dioxide; greenhouse gas emissions; issues and policy; models
- ... In this paper, we empirically investigate the impact of the Kyoto Protocol on CO₂ emissions using a sample of 170 countries over the period 1992–2009. We propose the use of a difference-in-differences estimator with matching to address the endogeneity of the policy variable, namely Kyoto commitments. Countries are matched according to observable characteristics to create a suitable counterfactual. ...