Jump to Main Content
- Kumar, Surender; Managi, Shunsuke
- Environment and development economics 2016 v.21 no.1 pp. 109-133
- carbon; carbon dioxide; climate; climate change; cost benefit analysis; developing countries; economic impact; economic productivity; global carbon budget; greenhouse gas emissions; innovation adoption
- ... Climate and institutions might be crucial in lowering the vagaries of climate change impacts in terms of productivity. This study measures the relationships of productivity measures adjusted for the regulation of carbon emission and institutions together with climate change throughout the world. This paper finds that there is higher potential for reduction of CO₂ emissions in developing countries ...
- Takasaki, Yoshito
- Environment and development economics 2016 v.21 no.1 pp. 53-77
- climate change; conservation areas; decision making; disasters; household surveys; hurricanes; learning; resource management; storm damage; Fiji
- ... This paper examines whether and how experiencing climate-related disasters can improve the rural poor's adaptation to climate change through community-based resource management. Original household survey data in Fiji capture the establishment of community-based marine protected areas following a tropical cyclone. Controlling for the endogeneity of household-level cyclone damage reveals that a hous ...