Jump to Main Content
- Verner, Marc-André; Plouffe, Laurence; Kieskamp, Kyra K.; Rodríguez-Leal, Inés; Marchitti, Satori A.
- Environment international 2017 v.102 pp. 223-229
- Monte Carlo method; biological half-life; breast milk; children; decision support systems; equations; half life; lactation; regression analysis; simulation models; women
- ... Women are exposed to multiple environmental chemicals, many of which are known to transfer to breast milk during lactation. However, little is known about the influence of the different chemical-specific pharmacokinetic parameters on children's lactational dose. Our objective was to develop a generic pharmacokinetic model and subsequently quantify the influence of three chemical-specific parameter ...
- Gustin, Klara; Tofail, Fahmida; Mehrin, Fardina; Levi, Michael; Vahter, Marie; Kippler, Maria
- Environment international 2017 v.102 pp. 97-105
- atomic absorption spectrometry; childhood; children; cognition; fish; fish consumption; mercury; methylmercury compounds; neurotoxins; rural areas; socioeconomic status; underweight; Bangladesh
- ... Methylmercury (MeHg) is a known developmental neurotoxicant present in fish, yet the impact of childhood exposure is uncertain, especially in children with poor nutrition.To evaluate associations of MeHg exposure with cognitive abilities and behavior in children from a poor rural area in Bangladesh.The MeHg exposure was assessed in 1434 ten-year-old children by measuring mercury concentrations in ...