Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Fuchao; Tay, Joo-Hui; Covaci, Adrian; Padilla-Sánchez, Juan Antonio; Papadopoulou, Eleni; Haug, Line Småstuen; Neels, Hugo; Sellström, Ulla; de Wit, Cynthia A.
- Environment international 2017 v.102 pp. 236-243
- HCH (pesticide); adverse effects; biphenyl; body weight; diet; dietary exposure; exposure assessment; fish; flame retardants; humans; meat; phosphates; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; polychlorinated biphenyls
- ... Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), organochlorine pesticides (OCPs), polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), emerging halogenated flame retardants (EHFRs) and organophosphate flame retardants (PFRs) were detected in 24h duplicate diet samples from a Norwegian cohort (n=61), with concentrations ranging from
- Gustin, Klara; Tofail, Fahmida; Mehrin, Fardina; Levi, Michael; Vahter, Marie; Kippler, Maria
- Environment international 2017 v.102 pp. 97-105
- atomic absorption spectrometry; childhood; children; cognition; fish; fish consumption; mercury; methylmercury compounds; neurotoxins; rural areas; socioeconomic status; underweight; Bangladesh
- ... Methylmercury (MeHg) is a known developmental neurotoxicant present in fish, yet the impact of childhood exposure is uncertain, especially in children with poor nutrition.To evaluate associations of MeHg exposure with cognitive abilities and behavior in children from a poor rural area in Bangladesh.The MeHg exposure was assessed in 1434 ten-year-old children by measuring mercury concentrations in ...