Jump to Main Content
- DelValls, T. Ángel, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environment international 2014 v.68 pp. 105-117
- Polychaeta; adverse effects; aluminum; arsenic; carbon dioxide; coasts; copper; iron; manganese; mercury; mortality; ocean acidification; pH; seawater; sediment contamination; sediments; tissues; toxicity; zinc
- ... To assess the potential effects on metal mobilization due to leakages of CO2 during its injection and storage in marine systems, an experimental set-up was devised and operated, using the polychaete Hediste diversicolor as the model organism. The objective was to study the effects of such leakage in the expected scenarios of pH values between 8.0 and 6.0. Polychaetes were exposed for 10days to sea ...
- DelValls, T. Angel, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environment international 2012 v.47 pp. 86-98
- DNA; DNA damage; antioxidants; biodiversity; biomarkers; clams; community structure; condition factor; correlation; dissolved oxygen; effluents; enzyme activity; fauna; fish culture; fish farms; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione transferase; glutathione-disulfide reductase; gonadosomatic index; health status; hypoxia; lipid peroxidation; marine fish; metabolic detoxification; organic matter; organic wastes; oxidative stress; pH; population structure; redox potential; reproduction; salinity; sediments; streams; temperature; tissues; Spain
- ... The effects of solid organic wastes from a marine fish farm on sediments were tested using benthic community as ecological indicators and biomarkers in native clam (Scrobicularia plana) as biochemical indicators. The benthic fauna and clam samples were collected in the intertidal sediment in October 2010 from five sites of the Rio San Pedro (RSP) creek, following a gradient of contamination from t ...