Jump to Main Content
- Weichenthal, Scott; Van Rijswijk, David; Kulka, Ryan; You, Hongyu; Van Ryswyk, Keith; Willey, Jeff; Dugandzic, Rose; Sutcliffe, Roger; Moulton, Jamessee; Baike, Maureen; White, Luc; Charland, Jean-Pierre; Jessiman, Barry
- Environmental Research 2015 v.142 pp. 46-50
- air; air pollution; air quality; burning; case studies; data collection; dioxins; emissions; fires; furans; landfills; nitrogen dioxide; ozone; particulates; pollutants; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; public health; spring; summer; toxicity; volatile organic compounds; Canada
- ... A large landfill fire occurred in Iqaluit, Canada in spring/summer 2014. Air quality data were collected to characterize emissions as well as potential threats to public health. Criteria pollutants were monitored (PM2.5, O3, NO2) along with dioxins/furans, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and volatile organic compounds. Median daily dioxin/furan concentrations were 66-times higher during active b ...
- Chen, Yi-Ting; Huang, Yu-Kai; Luvsan, Munkh-Erdene; Gombojav, Enkhjargal; Ochir, Chimedsuren; Bulgan, Jargal; Chan, Chang-Chuan
- Environmental Research 2015 v.137 pp. 170-175
- air pollution; bricks; burning; children; coal; cold; cold season; creatinine; emissions; equations; fluorescence; heat; high performance liquid chromatography; models; nitrogen dioxide; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; questionnaires; residential housing; seasonal variation; sulfur dioxide; traffic; urine; warm season; Mongolia
- ... Heating indoor living environments elevates air pollution in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.This study was conducted to investigate the influence of season and living environment on children's urinary 1-hydroxypyrene (1-OHP) levels in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.Our study subjects were 320 children aged 11–15 years living in gers, brick houses and apartments, in ger and non-ger areas of Ulaanbaatar. Spot urine s ...