Jump to Main Content
- Weichenthal, Scott; Van Rijswijk, David; Kulka, Ryan; You, Hongyu; Van Ryswyk, Keith; Willey, Jeff; Dugandzic, Rose; Sutcliffe, Roger; Moulton, Jamessee; Baike, Maureen; White, Luc; Charland, Jean-Pierre; Jessiman, Barry
- Environmental Research 2015 v.142 pp. 46-50
- air; air pollution; air quality; burning; case studies; data collection; dioxins; emissions; fires; furans; landfills; nitrogen dioxide; ozone; particulates; pollutants; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; public health; spring; summer; toxicity; volatile organic compounds; Canada
- ... A large landfill fire occurred in Iqaluit, Canada in spring/summer 2014. Air quality data were collected to characterize emissions as well as potential threats to public health. Criteria pollutants were monitored (PM2.5, O3, NO2) along with dioxins/furans, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and volatile organic compounds. Median daily dioxin/furan concentrations were 66-times higher during active b ...
- Smargiassi, Audrey; Goldberg, Mark S.; Wheeler, Amanda J.; Plante, Céline; Valois, Marie-France; Mallach, Gary; Kauri, Lisa Marie; Shutt, Robin; Bartlett, Susan; Raphoz, Marie; Liu, Ling
- Environmental Research 2014 v.132 pp. 38-45
- air pollution; air quality; asthma; autocorrelation; benzene; blood pressure; children; drug therapy; emissions; environmental factors; heart rate; industry; lung function; monitoring; nationalities and ethnic groups; nitrogen dioxide; oxygen; particulates; petroleum; pollutants; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; regression analysis; sulfur dioxide; temperature; Quebec
- ... The acute cardiorespiratory effects of air quality among children living in areas with considerable heavy industry have not been well investigated. We conducted a panel study of children with asthma living in proximity to an industrial complex housing two refineries in Montreal, Quebec, in order to assess associations between their personal daily exposure to air pollutants and changes in pulmonary ...