Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Yi-Ting; Huang, Yu-Kai; Luvsan, Munkh-Erdene; Gombojav, Enkhjargal; Ochir, Chimedsuren; Bulgan, Jargal; Chan, Chang-Chuan
- Environmental Research 2015 v.137 pp. 170-175
- air pollution; bricks; burning; children; coal; cold; cold season; creatinine; emissions; equations; fluorescence; heat; high performance liquid chromatography; models; nitrogen dioxide; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; questionnaires; residential housing; seasonal variation; sulfur dioxide; traffic; urine; warm season; Mongolia
- ... Heating indoor living environments elevates air pollution in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.This study was conducted to investigate the influence of season and living environment on children's urinary 1-hydroxypyrene (1-OHP) levels in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.Our study subjects were 320 children aged 11–15 years living in gers, brick houses and apartments, in ger and non-ger areas of Ulaanbaatar. Spot urine s ...
- Smargiassi, Audrey; Goldberg, Mark S.; Wheeler, Amanda J.; Plante, Céline; Valois, Marie-France; Mallach, Gary; Kauri, Lisa Marie; Shutt, Robin; Bartlett, Susan; Raphoz, Marie; Liu, Ling
- Environmental Research 2014 v.132 pp. 38-45
- air pollution; air quality; asthma; autocorrelation; benzene; blood pressure; children; drug therapy; emissions; environmental factors; heart rate; industry; lung function; monitoring; nationalities and ethnic groups; nitrogen dioxide; oxygen; particulates; petroleum; pollutants; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; regression analysis; sulfur dioxide; temperature; Quebec
- ... The acute cardiorespiratory effects of air quality among children living in areas with considerable heavy industry have not been well investigated. We conducted a panel study of children with asthma living in proximity to an industrial complex housing two refineries in Montreal, Quebec, in order to assess associations between their personal daily exposure to air pollutants and changes in pulmonary ...