Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Yi-Ting; Huang, Yu-Kai; Luvsan, Munkh-Erdene; Gombojav, Enkhjargal; Ochir, Chimedsuren; Bulgan, Jargal; Chan, Chang-Chuan
- Environmental Research 2015 v.137 pp. 170-175
- air pollution; bricks; burning; children; coal; cold; cold season; creatinine; emissions; equations; fluorescence; heat; high performance liquid chromatography; models; nitrogen dioxide; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; questionnaires; residential housing; seasonal variation; sulfur dioxide; traffic; urine; warm season; Mongolia
- ... Heating indoor living environments elevates air pollution in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.This study was conducted to investigate the influence of season and living environment on children's urinary 1-hydroxypyrene (1-OHP) levels in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.Our study subjects were 320 children aged 11–15 years living in gers, brick houses and apartments, in ger and non-ger areas of Ulaanbaatar. Spot urine s ...
- Jung, Kyung Hwa; Perzanowski, Matthew; Rundle, Andrew; Moors, Kathleen; Yan, Beizhan; Chillrud, Steven N.; Whyatt, Robin; Camann, David; Perera, Frederica P.; Miller, Rachel L.
- Environmental Research 2014 v.128 pp. 35-41
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; air; air pollution; asthma; benzo(a)pyrene; body mass index; childhood; childhood obesity; children; combustion; emissions; environmental health; equations; models; monitoring; pollutants; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; questionnaires; risk factors; traffic; urban population
- ... Exposure to traffic-related air pollutants, including polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) from traffic emissions and other combustion sources, and childhood obesity, have been implicated as risk factors for developing asthma. However, the interaction between these two on asthma among young urban children has not been studied previously.Exposure to early childhood PAHs was measured by two week ...
- PubMed Central: