Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Hyung Joo; Kang, Choong-Min; Coull, Brent A.; Bell, Michelle L.; Koutrakis, Petros
- Environmental Research 2014 v.133 pp. 103-110
- aerosols; air pollution; carbon; emissions; issues and policy; monitoring; oxidants; particulates; pollutants; satellites; sulfates; summer; urban areas; winter; New England region; United States
- ... The effectiveness of air pollution emission control policies can be evaluated by examining ambient pollutant concentration trends that are observed at a large number of ground monitoring sites over time. In this paper, we used ground monitoring measurements in conjunction with satellite aerosol optical depth (AOD) data to investigate fine particulate matter (PM2.5; particulate matter with aerodyna ...
- PubMed Central:
- Jung, Kyung Hwa; Perzanowski, Matthew; Rundle, Andrew; Moors, Kathleen; Yan, Beizhan; Chillrud, Steven N.; Whyatt, Robin; Camann, David; Perera, Frederica P.; Miller, Rachel L.
- Environmental Research 2014 v.128 pp. 35-41
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; air; air pollution; asthma; benzo(a)pyrene; body mass index; childhood; childhood obesity; children; combustion; emissions; environmental health; equations; models; monitoring; pollutants; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; questionnaires; risk factors; traffic; urban population
- ... Exposure to traffic-related air pollutants, including polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) from traffic emissions and other combustion sources, and childhood obesity, have been implicated as risk factors for developing asthma. However, the interaction between these two on asthma among young urban children has not been studied previously.Exposure to early childhood PAHs was measured by two week ...
- PubMed Central: