Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Dexian; Huey, L. Gregory; Tanner, David J.; Li, Jianfeng; Ng, Nga L.; Wang, Yuhang
- Environmental Science & Technology 2017 v.51 no.6 pp. 3355-3363
- atmospheric chemistry; iodides; mass spectrometry; models; nitric oxide; nitrogen dioxide; oxidation; ozone; ozonolysis; summer; temperature; traffic; winter; United States
- ... Hydroperoxyl radical (HO₂) is a key species to atmospheric chemistry. At warm temperatures, the HO₂ and NO₂ come to a rapid steady state with pernitric acid (HO₂NO₂). This paper presents the derivation of HO₂ from observations of HO₂NO₂ and NO₂ in metropolitan Atlanta, US, in winter 2014 and summer 2015. HO₂ was observed to have a diurnal cycle with morning concentrations suppressed by high NO fro ...
- Yabusaki, Steven B.; Wilkins, Michael J.; Fang, Yilin; Williams, Kenneth H.; Arora, Bhavna; Bargar, John; Beller, Harry R.; Bouskill, Nicholas J.; Brodie, Eoin L.; Christensen, John N.; Conrad, Mark E.; Danczak, Robert E.; King, Eric; Soltanian, Mohamad R.; Spycher, Nicolas
F.; Steefel, Carl I.; Tokunaga, Tetsu K.; Versteeg, Roelof; Waichler, Scott R.; Wainwright, Haruko M.
- Environmental Science & Technology 2017 v.51 no.6 pp. 3307-3317
- aerobes; aerobiosis; anaerobic conditions; aquifers; biogeochemical cycles; carbon; denitrification; fermenters; floodplains; groundwater; iron; models; nitrates; nitrites; nitrogen; organic matter; oxidation; oxygen; saturated flow; sediments; sulfates; sulfides; sulfur; uranium; vadose zone; water table
- ... Three-dimensional variably saturated flow and multicomponent biogeochemical reactive transport modeling, based on published and newly generated data, is used to better understand the interplay of hydrology, geochemistry, and biology controlling the cycling of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, sulfur, and uranium in a shallow floodplain. In this system, aerobic respiration generally maintains anoxic ...