Jump to Main Content
- Kennedy, Anthony M.; Summers, R. Scott
- Environmental Science & Technology 2015 v.49 no.11 pp. 6617-6624
- 2-methylisoborneol; activated carbon; adsorption; coagulation; dissolved organic carbon; molecular weight; pollutants; ultrafiltration; warfarin
- ... Granular activated carbon (GAC) adsorption of the micropollutants 2-methylisoborneol (MIB) and warfarin (WFN) at ng/L levels was investigated in five waters with isolated natural dissolved organic matter (DOM) held at a constant dissolved organic carbon concentration. Each water was evaluated for competitive adsorption effects based on the pretreatment of ultrafiltration, coagulation, and addition ...
- Wang, Xiaobo; Qin, Yanlei; Zhu, Lihua; Tang, Heqing
- Environmental Science & Technology 2015 v.49 no.11 pp. 6855-6864
- adsorption; bisphenol A; catalytic activity; free radicals; graphene oxide; nitrogen; pH; phenol; pollutants; sulfates; synergism
- ... Nitrogen modified reduced graphene oxide (N-RGO) was prepared by a hydrothermal method. The nitrogen modification enhanced its adsorption and catalysis ability. For an initial bisphenol concentration of 0.385 mmol L–¹, the adsorption capacity of N-RGO was evaluated as 1.56 and 1.43 mmol g–¹ for bisphenol A (BPA) and 1.43 mmol g–¹ for bisphenol F (BPF), respectively, both of which were about 1.75 t ...