Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Li; Bai, Liping; Man, Changgeng; Liang, Wuhong; Li, Fasheng; Meng, Xiaoguang
- Environmental Science & Technology 2015 v.49 no.15 pp. 9084-9091
- DDD (pesticide), etc ; DDE (pesticide); DDT (pesticide); agricultural soils; aquifers; dicofol; half life; hydrophobicity; migratory behavior; models; soil sampling; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Soil samples were collected at various depths (0.5–21.5 m) from ten boreholes that were drilled with a SH-30 Model Rig, four of which were at a dicofol production site while six were at a dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) production site. In industrial sites, the shallow soils at depths of 0–2 m were mostly backfill soils, which cannot represent the contamination situation of the sites. The co ...
- Thompson, Jay M.; Hsieh, Ching-Hong; Luthy, Richard G.
- Environmental Science & Technology 2015 v.49 no.4 pp. 2270-2277
- DDD (pesticide), etc ; DDE (pesticide); DDT (pesticide); chlordane; diffusivity; exposure duration; hydrophobicity; mass transfer; models; partition coefficients; polyethylene; samplers; slurries; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Single-phase passive samplers are gaining acceptance as a method to measure hydrophobic organic contaminant (HOC) concentration in water. Although the relationship between the HOC concentration in water and passive sampler is linear at equilibrium, mass transfer models are needed for nonequilibrium conditions. We report measurements of organochlorine pesticide diffusion and partition coefficients ...