Jump to Main Content
- Jager, Tjalling
- Environmental Science & Technology 2013 v.47 no.3 pp. 1664-1669
- Folsomia candida; animals; biologists; cadmium; data collection; ecotoxicology; life history; models; physiology; prediction; statistical analysis; toxic substances
- ... The individuals of a species are not equal. These differences frustrate experimental biologists and ecotoxicologists who wish to study the response of a species (in general) to a treatment. In the analysis of data, differences between model predictions and observations on individual animals are usually treated as random measurement error around the true response. These deviations, however, are mai ...
- Liu, Fengjie; Wang, Wen-Xiong
- Environmental Science & Technology 2013 v.47 no.3 pp. 1670-1677
- Crassostrea; bioaccumulation; bioavailability; cadmium; copper; granules; managers; oysters; prediction; proteins; subcellular fractions; toxicity; zinc
- ... Exposure to one metal might have significant effects on the bioaccumulation of other metals. In the present study, we examined the possible effects of Zn exposure on the bioaccumulation of Cd and Cu in three populations of the oyster Crassostrea hongkongensis. We found that Zn exposure significantly enhanced the tissue concentrations of Cd and Cu in all populations, and the tissue concentrations o ...