Jump to Main Content
- Wang Lingling; Cheng Hefa
- Environmental Science & Technology 2015 v.49 no.6 pp. 3473-3481
- adsorption; agricultural soils; animal wastes; animals; arsenates; arsenic; arsenites; birnessite; developing countries; equations; feed additives; feeds; free radicals; manganese dioxide; mineralization; pH; pollution; protons; risk
- ... p-Arsanilic acid (p-ASA), is a widely used animal feed additive in many developing countries, and is often introduced to agricultural soils with animal wastes. A common soil metal oxide, birnessite (δ-MnO₂), was found to mediate its degradation with fast rates under acidic conditions. Experimental results indicate that adsorption and degradation of p-ASA on the surface of δ-MnO₂ were highly pH dep ...
- Swedlund Peter J.; Holtkamp Hannah; Song Yantao; Daughney Christopher J.
- Environmental Science & Technology 2014 v.48 no.5 pp. 2759-2765
- arsenic; equations; ferrihydrite; models; pH; sorption; spectral analysis
- ... Sorption by ferrihydrite is an important control on As(V) concentrations in many oxic aquatic systems. There are significant discrepancies in reported sorption constants (log(KAₛ)), which presents a problem for quantifying and understanding this important system. A review of reported ferrihydrite–As(V) sorption studies indicated a positive correlation between reaction time used in the experiments ...