Jump to Main Content
- Cheng, Zhineng, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2017 v.51 no.8 pp. 4424-4433
- DDT (pesticide); HCH (pesticide); air; atmospheric deposition; biodegradation; cis-chlordane; enantiomers; hexachlorobenzene; hydrolysis; hydrophobicity; lakes; lindane; persistent organic pollutants; trans-chlordane
- ... The goal of this study is to experimentally assess the role of vertical sinking and degradation processes of persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in a subtropical water column. This was done by measuring the concentrations of selected typical organochlorine pesticides, including hexachlorocyclohexanes (HCHs), hexachlorobenzene (HCB), dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethanes (DDTs), trans-chlordane (TC), a ...
- Cheng, Zhineng, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2013 v.47 no.23 pp. 13395-13403
- DDT (pesticide); HCH (pesticide); air; cis-chlordane; enantiomers; lindane; seawater; surface water; trans-chlordane; volatilization; Bay of Bengal; Indian Ocean; Malaysia; Sri Lanka
- ... Nineteen pairs of gaseous and surface seawater samples were collected along the cruise from Malaysia to the south of Bay of Bengal passing by Sri Lanka between April 12 and May 4, 2011 on the Chinese research vessel Shiyan I to investigate the latest OCP pollution status over the equatorial Indian Ocean. Significant decrease of α-HCH and γ-HCH was found in the air and dissolved water phase owing t ...