Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Kun, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2012 v.46 no.11 pp. 5997-6003
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; environmental impact; fluorescence; methane production; microorganisms; nanoparticles; polysaccharides; protective effect; proteins; scanning electron microscopes; sludge; total suspended solids; wastewater treatment; zinc oxide
- ... The increasing use of zinc oxide nanoparticles (ZnO NPs) in consumer and industrial products highlights a need to understand their potential environmental impacts. In this study, the response of anaerobic granular sludge (AGS) to a shock load of ZnO NPs during anaerobic biological wastewater treatment was reported. It was observed that the extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) of AGS and the me ...
- Liu, Kun, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2014 v.48 no.23 pp. 13800-13807
- adverse effects; aquatic environment; carbon dioxide; catalytic activity; denitrification; enzyme activity; enzymes; eutrophication; gases; global warming; glycolysis; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; humans; nanoparticles; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrous oxide; polyhydroxybutyrate; transcription (genetics); zinc oxide
- ... Over the past few decades, human activities have accelerated the rates and extents of water eutrophication and global warming through increasing delivery of biologically available nitrogen such as nitrate and large emissions of anthropogenic greenhouse gases. In particular, nitrous oxide (N₂O) is one of the most important greenhouse gases, because it has a 300-fold higher global warming potential ...