Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: waris?
- Ahmed, Warish, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2017 v.51 no.3 pp. 1742-1753
- Acanthamoeba; Enterococcus; Escherichia coli; Legionella pneumophila; Mycobacterium avium; Mycobacterium intracellulare; dry season; indicator species; microbiological risk assessment; pathogens; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rain; risk; surveys; tanks; wet season
- ... A seasonal study on the occurrence of six opportunistic premise plumbing pathogens (OPPPs) in 24 roof-harvested rainwater (RHRW) tanks repeatedly sampled over six monthly sampling events (n = 144) from August 2015 to March 2016 was conducted using quantitative qPCR. Fecal indicator bacteria (FIB) Escherichia coli (E. coli) and Enterococcus spp. were enumerated using culture-based methods. All tank ...
- Ahmed, Warish, et al. Show all 26 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2013 v.47 no.15 pp. 8548-8556
- Bacteroidetes; cattle; feces; humans; microbiome; quantitative polymerase chain reaction
- ... Numerous quantitative PCR assays for microbial fecal source tracking (MST) have been developed and evaluated in recent years. Widespread application has been hindered by a lack of knowledge regarding the geographical stability and hence applicability of such methods beyond the regional level. This study assessed the performance of five previously reported quantitative PCR assays targeting human-, ...