Jump to Main Content
- Li, Weidong; Zhang, Chuanrong
- Environmental and ecological statistics 2008 v.15 no.2 pp. 157-174
- Markov chain; models; prediction; probability distribution
- ... Multidimensional Markov chain models in geosciences were often built on multiple chains, one in each direction, and assumed these 1-D chains to be independent of each other. Thus, unwanted transitions (i.e., transitions of multiple chains to the same location with unequal states) inevitably occur and have to be excluded in estimating the states at unobserved locations. This consequently may result ...
- Fletcher, David
- Environmental and ecological statistics 2008 v.15 no.2 pp. 175-189
- cod (fish); confidence interval; fisheries; models; surveys; New Zealand
- ... Data that are skewed and contain a relatively high proportion of zeros can often be modelled using a delta-lognormal distribution. We consider three methods of calculating a 95% confidence interval for the mean of this distribution, and use simulation to compare the methods, across a range of realistic scenarios. The best method, in terms of coverage, is that based on the profile-likelihood. This ...