Jump to Main Content
- Finley, Andrew O.; Banerjee, Sudipto; McRoberts, Ronald E.
- Environmental and ecological statistics 2008 v.15 no.2 pp. 241
- forest inventory; forests; vegetation cover; land use; Landsat; image analysis; remote sensing; statistical models; prediction; data analysis; spatial data
- ... In efforts such as land use change monitoring, carbon budgeting, and forecasting ecological conditions and timber supply, there is increasing demand for regional and national data layers depicting forest cover. These data layers must permit small area estimates of forest area and, most importantly, provide associated error estimates. This paper presents a model-based approach for coupling mid-reso ...
- Li, Weidong; Zhang, Chuanrong
- Environmental and ecological statistics 2008 v.15 no.2 pp. 157-174
- Markov chain; models; prediction; probability distribution
- ... Multidimensional Markov chain models in geosciences were often built on multiple chains, one in each direction, and assumed these 1-D chains to be independent of each other. Thus, unwanted transitions (i.e., transitions of multiple chains to the same location with unequal states) inevitably occur and have to be excluded in estimating the states at unobserved locations. This consequently may result ...