Jump to Main Content
- Santos, E.; Pinto-Carnide, O.; Figueiras, A.M.; Benito, C.; Matos, M.
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.162 pp. 87-94
- genetic analysis, etc ; Secale cereale; abiotic stress; acid soils; aluminum; breeding; genes; genetic background; phytotoxicity; resistance mechanisms; roots; rye; shoots; staining; wild relatives; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Aluminum (Al) toxicity is the major limitation for crop productivity in acid soils which are widespread all over the world. Plant species differ in their responses to this abiotic stress having developed resistance mechanisms to detoxify and tolerate Al both internally and externally. Rye (Secale cereale L.) is one of the most Al-tolerant cereal with a valuable genetic background for breeding purp ...
- Toledo, Bernardo; Marcer, Arnald; Méndez-Vigo, Belén; Alonso-Blanco, Carlos; Picó, F. Xavier
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 pp. 103800
- genetic analysis, etc ; Arabidopsis thaliana; Holocene epoch; annuals; flowering; fossils; genes; genetic variation; genomics; geographical distribution; islands; models; pollen; refuge habitats; sediments; sequence analysis; surveys; trees; vegetation; China; Eastern Africa; Iberian Peninsula; Mediterranean region; Northern Africa; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... The combination of extensive population sampling with whole-genome sequencing in the annual plant Arabidopsis thaliana has recently allowed the identification of a genetically differentiated relict lineage. The most important nuclei of relict A. thaliana is found in the Iberian Peninsula and North Africa, although relict accessions have also been found scattered across Atlantic oceanic islands, ea ...