Jump to Main Content
- Pereira-Silva, E.F.L.; Casals, P.; Sodek, L.; Delitti, W.B.C.; Vallejo, V.R.
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.159 pp. 157-167
- perennials, etc ; Brachypodium; Dactylis glomerata; aboveground biomass; belowground biomass; bromine; buds; cutting; defoliation; ecosystems; enzyme activity; grasses; grazing intensity; growth traits; leaves; mineralization; nitrate reductase; nitrogen; nitrogen content; phytomass; regrowth; rhizomes; root systems; rootstocks; soil; stable isotopes; temperature; Mediterranean region; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Immediately after fire, soil nitrogen availability increases due to ash deposition and the stimulation of mineralization by increased temperature. The coexistence of plant resprouters with contrasting root traits that grow soon after fire suggests different strategies operating for the re-acquisition of space, capturing resources and resisting additional stresses. Brachypodium retusum and Dactylis ...
- Zhuang, Lili; Yang, Zhimin; Fan, Ningli; Yu, Jingjin; Huang, Bingru
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.165 pp. 129-138
- perennials, etc ; Poa pratensis; beta-sitosterol; biochemical pathways; campesterol; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide enrichment; cellobiose; chlorophyll; citric acid; electrolyte leakage; fatty acid metabolism; fructose; fumaric acid; galactose; galacturonic acid; gluconic acid; glucose; glycerol; grasses; growth chambers; irrigation scheduling; isocitric acid; lactic acid; lactose; lawns and turf; leaves; linolenic acid; malic acid; malonic acid; mannitol; mannose; metabolites; metabolomics; palmitic acid; photosynthesis; pyruvic acid; quinic acid; roots; salt stress; salt tolerance; shikimic acid; sodium; sodium chloride; soil; stigmasterol; succinic acid; sucrose; tagatose; trehalose; water content; Show all 51 Subjects
- ... Salt stress caused by excessive sodium accumulation in the soil can result in various physiological damages in plants. Elevated CO2 concentration may cause metabolomic adjustment or reprogramming, protecting plants from salt damages. The objectives of this study were to identify CO2-reponsive metabolites in leaves and roots of Kentucky bluegrass (Poa pretensis) differently accumulated under salt s ...