Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Xiao; Mao, Zhiqiang; Zhang, Jia; Hemat, Mehmood; Huang, Mei; Cai, Jian; Zhou, Qin; Dai, Tingbo; Jiang, Dong
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.166 pp. 103804
- Triticum aestivum; cell membranes; drought; enzyme activity; flowering; gene expression; gene expression regulation; grain yield; leaves; osmotic pressure; oxidative stress; peroxidation; photosynthesis; plant morphology; proline; roots; sucrose; sucrose-phosphate synthase; water stress; winter wheat
- ... Winter wheat were subjected to moderate drought priming before anthesis and then to a severe drought stress after anthesis. The plant morphology, osmolyte accumulation related traits in both leaves and roots were analysed during the priming, the post-anthesis drought stress, and the recovery from the drought stress. The primed plants (PD) showed lower reduction in leaves dry weight and grain yield ...
- Sehar, Zebus; Masood, Asim; Khan, Nafees A.
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.161 pp. 277-289
- Triticum aestivum; antioxidants; ethylene; glucose; lipid peroxidation; nitric oxide; nitroprusside; oxidative stress; photosynthesis; proline; salt stress; single nucleotide polymorphism; sodium; sodium chloride; wheat
- ... The involvement of nitric oxide (as sodium nitroprusside, SNP) in the reversal of glucose (Glu)-inhibited photosynthetic characteristics in the presence or absence of salt stress (100 mM NaCl) was studied in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). The plants treated with either NaCl or 6% Glu exhibited reduced photosynthesis due to higher oxidative stress. The increased content of Na+ and Cl−, and lipid per ...