Jump to Main Content
- Ren, Ai-Tian; Zhu, Ying; Chen, Ying-Long; Ren, Hong-Xu; Li, Ji-Yuan; Kay Abbott, Lynette; Xiong, You-Cai
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.167 pp. 103824
- Glomus mosseae; Zea mays; abscisic acid; acclimation; antioxidant enzymes; biomass production; corn; drought; drought tolerance; drying; enzyme activity; leaves; malondialdehyde; mycorrhizal fungi; peroxidase; photosynthesis; phytomass; plant growth; proline; root zone drying; roots; seedlings; soil; stomatal conductance; stomatal movement; superoxide dismutase; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae; water stress; water uptake; water use efficiency
- ... Inoculation with arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) fungi can modify stomatal behavior and increase antioxidant enzyme activities and therefore play a pivotal role in plant growth. We hypothesised that inoculation with AM fungi postpones the non-hydraulic root signal and alters physiological and biochemical traits, which enhances drought tolerance and water-use efficiency (WUEB) for plant biomass. Two po ...
- Wang, Gang; Li, Qian; Wang, Chang; Jin, Chao; Ji, Jing; Guan, Chunfeng
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 pp. 103833
- Escherichia coli; Lycium chinense; S-adenosylmethionine; abscisic acid; catalase; chlorophyll; crop yield; crops; drought; drought tolerance; environmental factors; gene overexpression; genes; growth and development; leaves; messenger RNA; methyl salicylate; methylation; methyltransferases; oxidative stress; photosynthesis; plant development; plant growth; proline; salicylic acid; superoxide dismutase; tobacco; transgenic plants; water stress
- ... Drought is the main environmental factor which limits growth, photosynthesis and yield of agricultural crops worldwide. Salicylic acid (SA) is a phenolic compound involved in plant growth and development. Salicylic acid carboxyl methyltransferase (SAMT) can catalyze the methylation of SA with S-adenosyl-L-methionine as the methyl donor to form methyl salicylate (MeSA). However, the relations betwe ...