Jump to Main Content
- Tiwari, Santwana; Verma, Nidhi; Singh, Vijay Pratap; Prasad, Sheo Mohan
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.161 pp. 218-227
- Anabaena; acid soils; aluminum; antioxidant activity; biomass; catalase; cysteine; exopolysaccharides; glutathione transferase; hydrogen peroxide; lipid peroxidation; malondialdehyde; nitric oxide; nitric oxide synthase; nitrogen fixation; nitroprusside; oxidative stress; paddies; photosynthesis; pigments; proline; secretion; single nucleotide polymorphism; superoxide anion; superoxide dismutase; thiols; toxicity
- ... Higher amount of aluminium (Al) is a general feature of acidic soils which limits crop productivity. Cyanobacteria are also found on acidic soils where they encounter Al toxicity which can affect paddy productivity directly (due to reduction in nitrogen fixation) and indirectly (due to reduction in their biomass). In the past decade, tremendous progress in establishing the role of nitric oxide (NO ...
- Omena-Garcia, Rebeca Patrícia; Oliveira Martins, Auxiliadora; Medeiros, David B.; Vallarino, José G.; Mendes Ribeiro, Dimas; Fernie, Alisdair R.; Araújo, Wagner L.; Nunes-Nesi, Adriano
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.159 pp. 95-107
- biomass; biosynthesis; carbon; gibberellins; leaf water potential; leaves; mutants; photosynthesis; proline; roots; shoots; tomatoes; turgor; water content; water deprivation; water use efficiency
- ... Gibberellins (GAs) have been shown to be involved in the tolerance of plants to a range of environmental stresses. However, the physiological and metabolic implications of altered levels of GAs in plants under drought stress remain largely unknown. To understand the contribution of GAs for the responses to water deficit conditions, physiological and metabolic parameters were evaluated in tomato de ...