Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Tingting; Feng, Baohua; Fu, Weimeng; Zhang, Caixia; Tao, Longxing; Fu, Guanfu
- Environmental and experimental botany 2018 v.155 pp. 411-419
- spikelets, etc ; Oryza sativa; aquaporins; enzymes; genes; genotype; hydraulic conductivity; hydraulic resistance; inbred lines; leaves; meiosis; panicles; pollen; rice; stomata; sugars; transpiration; water flow; water potential; water stress; wilting; xylem; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The importance of rice resistance to abiotic stress has largely been attributed to signal-induced closure of stomata, protection of antioxidase enzymes, and osmotic adjustment of sugars, etc. However, regulation role of nodes in water flow under drought stress has not been reported. Two rice genotypes Z4 and its recombinant inbred line (RIL) were subjected to drought stress for 10 d at the pollen ...
- Sharma, Laxmi; Dalal, Monika; Verma, Rakesh K.; Kumar, Santosh V.V.; Yadav, Shashank K.; Pushkar, Suchitra; Kushwaha, Sita Ram; Bhowmik, Arpan; Chinnusamy, Viswanathan
- Environmental and experimental botany 2018 v.150 pp. 9-24
- spikelets, etc ; Oryza sativa; drought; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic engineering; genotype; grain yield; heat stress; indole acetic acid; lipid peroxidation; panicles; plant fertility; pollen; rice; temperature; transcription factors; viability; yield components; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Rice is highly sensitive to drought and high temperature (HT) stresses at reproductive phase. Since auxin is a major regulator of reproductive development, we analysed the role of indole-3-acetic acid (IAA) in spikelet fertility of rice under drought and HT stresses in 4 different experiments with 23 diverse rice genotypes. The results showed that both of these stresses reduced the pollen viabilit ...