Jump to Main Content
- Di Ferdinando, Martina; Brunetti, Cecilia; Agati, Giovanni; Tattini, Massimiliano
- Environmental and experimental botany 2014 v.103 pp. 107-116
- Mediterranean climate; acclimation; antioxidants; basins; biosynthesis; flavonols; light intensity; polyphenols; secondary metabolites; solar radiation; Mediterranean region
- ... The significance of polyphenols, with emphasis to flavonoids, in the responses of Mediterranean plants to unfavorable environments, is discussed based on their ability to serve multiple functions in plant–environment interactions. Plants challenged against multiple stressors, as usually occurs in the Mediterranean basin, make a great investment in the biosynthesis of carbon-based-secondary-compoun ...
- Loreto, Francesco; Pollastri, Susanna; Fineschi, Silvia; Velikova, Violeta
- Environmental and experimental botany 2014 v.103 pp. 99-106
- Mediterranean climate; air; antioxidants; heat; inventories; isoprene; leaves; monoterpenoids; secondary metabolites; troposphere; woody plants; Mediterranean region
- ... Among plant secondary metabolites, volatile isoprenoids have received increasing attention because they are involved in a range of physiological and ecological interactions, often helping plants cope with abiotic and biotic stressors, and potentially affecting the chemistry of the troposphere once they are emitted in the air. We review evidence about the beneficial functions of volatile isoprenoid ...