Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Wenqing, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2017 v.137 pp. 73-83
- Gossypium hirsutum; beta-fructofuranosidase; biomass production; carbon dioxide; cotton; cultivars; drought; flowering; leaves; nutrient management; photosynthesis; potassium; potassium fertilizers; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; soil; starch; stomatal conductance; sucrose; sucrose synthase; sucrose-phosphate synthase; water content; water stress
- ... Under drought, limited photo-assimilates synthesis and their poor partitioning is a main constraint to final yield production in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). To study the potassium (K) role in photo-assimilation and carbohydrate metabolism in cotton under soil drought stress during flowering and boll formation stage, a two-year pot experiment was conducted in 2015 and 2016. Two cotton cultivars ...
- Zhao, Wenqing, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2016 v.131 pp. 164-172
- beta-fructofuranosidase; cellulose; cultivars; gene expression regulation; genes; leaves; lint cotton; metabolism; planting date; shade; sucrose; sucrose synthase; sucrose-phosphate synthase; temperature
- ... Effects of cool temperature due to late planting and low light due to shading on sucrose metabolism in cotton fiber were investigated with two cotton cultivars (Kemian 1, cool temperature-tolerant and Sumian 15, cool temperature-sensitive) at two planting dates (the optimized planting date 25 April and the late planting date 10 June) along with two shading levels of crop relative light rate (CRLR) ...