Jump to Main Content
- Stoever, Jana; Weche, JohnP.
- Environmental and resource economics 2018 v.70 no.2 pp. 429-455
- economic performance; environmental law; issues and policy
- ... We investigate the impact of environmental regulation on firm performance and investment behavior. Exploiting the case of a German water withdrawal regulation that is managed on the state level, we analyze firms’ reactions to an increase in the water tax using a regression-adjusted difference-in-differences approach. We analyze the individual firm’s response to a change in environmental regulation ...
- Hall, KimMeyer; Albers, HeidiJ.; Alkaee Taleghan, Majid; Dietterich, ThomasG.
- Environmental and resource economics 2018 v.70 no.2 pp. 403-427
- Monte Carlo method; algorithms; bioeconomics; geometry; invasive species; issues and policy; models; planning; rivers; space and time; uncertainty
- ... Recent analyses demonstrate that the spatial–temporal behavior of invasive species requires optimal management decisions over space and time. From a spatial perspective, this bioeconomic optimization model broadens away from invasive species spread at a frontier or to neighbors by examining short and long-distance dispersal, directionality in spread, and network geometry. In terms of uncertainty a ...