Jump to Main Content
- Hassan, Suziana; Olsen, Søren Bøye; Thorsen, Bo Jellesmark
- Environmental and resource economics 2018 v.71 no.4 pp. 1053-1075
- developing countries; ecological value; income tax; issues and policy; people; prices; subsidies; surveys; variance; wetland conservation; Malaysia
- ... Selecting appropriate payment vehicles is critical for the perceived consequentiality and incentive compatibility of stated preferences surveys. We analyze the performance of three different payment vehicles in a Malaysian case of valuing wetland conservation. Two are well-known: voluntary donations and income taxes. The third is new: reductions in government subsidies for daily consumer goods. Us ...
- Kim, Dong-Hyeon; Lin, Shu-Chin
- Environmental and resource economics 2018 v.71 no.4 pp. 825-848
- developing countries; education; health status; income; oils; social inequality
- ... The paper empirically investigates the impact of natural resource abundance, in particular oil, on income disparities. It employs common correlated effects pooled mean group methodology for estimation to account for the cross-country heterogeneity and cross-section dependence in the oil-inequality nexus. In a sample of developed and developing countries, we find that oil abundance as well as oil d ...