Jump to Main Content
- Sweetman, Brenna M.; Foley, James R.; Steinberg, Michael K.
- Environmental biology of fishes 2019 v.102 no.2 pp. 429-442
- game fish, etc ; Albula vulpes; Megalops atlanticus; Trachinotus; coastal water; coral reefs; dissolved oxygen; economic impact; ecosystems; fish; fisheries; highlands; income; pH; population density; salinity; seagrasses; seasonal variation; sport fishing; temperature; water quality; watersheds; wetlands; Belize; Honduras; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... This analysis examines temporal changes in water quality of the Port Honduras Marine Reserve (PHMR), Belize from 1998 to 2015. Trends in dissolved oxygen (DO), salinity, temperature and pH were analyzed from ten sites throughout PHMR for statistically significant relationships. Maintaining satisfactory water quality is critical for sustaining healthy fisheries. PHMR represents a unique link betwee ...
- Griffin, Lucas P.; Haak, Christopher R.; Brownscombe, Jacob W.; Griffin, Curtice R.; Danylchuk, Andy J.
- Environmental biology of fishes 2019 v.102 no.2 pp. 147-157
- game fish, etc ; Albula vulpes; Amphipoda; coasts; diet; fish; habitats; juveniles; prey species; probability; species diversity; stomach; Bahamas; Florida; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Bonefish (Albula spp.) are a popular recreational gamefish; however, there is currently limited information on bonefish early life history stages. Here we examine the diet of juvenile bonefish (Albula vulpes) in Eleuthera, The Bahamas, and provide a comparison to previously collected data on bonefish (Albula spp., primarily A. goreensis) in Florida. In Eleuthera, amphipods and carideans were the m ...