Jump to Main Content
- Besson, Marc L.; Trancart, Thomas; Acou, Anthony; Charrier, Fabien; Mazel, Virgile; Legault, Antoine; Feunteun, Eric
- Environmental biology of fishes 2016 v.99 no.10 pp. 779-791
- Anguilla anguilla; acoustics; basins; eel; environmental factors; estuaries; migratory behavior; mortality; reproduction; rivers; sea level; telemetry; turbines; water reservoirs; France
- ... In the European eel (Anguilla anguilla, L.), the steep decline of reproductive silver eels is partly due to disorientation and mortality during their downstream migration, when facing turbines, but also reservoirs and dams. In the Frémur, an obstructed river in Brittany, which is representative of the western coastal hydrosystem of France, five hydrophones were used to study the downstream migrati ...
- Rice, Aaron N.; Morano, Janelle L.; Hodge, Kristin B.; Muirhead, Charles A.
- Environmental biology of fishes 2016 v.99 no.10 pp. 705-716
- Opsanus; Pogonias cromis; acoustics; coasts; conservation areas; fish; phenology; reproductive behavior; spawning; surveys; water temperature; Georgia; North Carolina
- ... Many fish species produce sounds as a part of their reproductive behavior. Using passive acoustic recording approaches, these sounds can be used to document temporal and spatial patterns of reproductive activity of fish populations. We conducted an 11-month passive acoustic survey at three different locations off the coasts of Georgia (40 km north of Grays Reef National Marine Sanctuary) and North ...