Jump to Main Content
- Johnson, James H.; Chalupnicki, Marc A.; Abbett, Ross
- Environmental biology of fishes 2016 v.99 no.10 pp. 771-778
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; benthic organisms; diet; ecology; food consumption; juveniles; periodicity; streams; summer; winter; New York
- ... Although winter is a critically important period for stream salmonids, aspects of the ecology of several species are poorly understood. Consequently, we examined the diel feeding ecology of subyearling rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) during winter in a central New York stream. Rainbow trout diet was significantly different during each 4-h interval and also differed from the drift and benthos. ...
- Lienart, Govinda D. H.; Ferrari, Maud C. O.; McCormick, Mark I.
- Environmental biology of fishes 2016 v.99 no.10 pp. 729-739
- Pomacentrus; body condition; energy; fish; food availability; juveniles; oceans; predator-prey relationships; temperature
- ... A wide variety of prey animals possess damage-released chemical alarm cues that evoke antipredator responses in both conspecifics and some heterospecifics. Several studies have indicated that food availability may influence body condition and in doing so, affect the production of alarm cues. We examined whether food availability (high and low) and temperature (27, 30 and 32 °C) interacted to affec ...