Jump to Main Content
- Johnson, James H.; Chalupnicki, Marc A.; Abbett, Ross
- Environmental biology of fishes 2016 v.99 no.10 pp. 771-778
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; benthic organisms; diet; ecology; food consumption; juveniles; periodicity; streams; summer; winter; New York
- ... Although winter is a critically important period for stream salmonids, aspects of the ecology of several species are poorly understood. Consequently, we examined the diel feeding ecology of subyearling rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) during winter in a central New York stream. Rainbow trout diet was significantly different during each 4-h interval and also differed from the drift and benthos. ...
- Raines, C. D.; Miranda, L. E.
- Environmental biology of fishes 2016 v.99 no.10 pp. 753-760
- aquatic environment; canopy; dissolved oxygen; fish; habitats; light intensity; littoral zone; riparian areas; shorelines; species diversity; streams; temperature
- ... Research into the effects of shade on reservoir fish assemblages is lacking, with most investigations focused on streams. Unlike many streams, the canopy in a reservoir shades only a narrow fringe of water adjacent to the shoreline, and may not have the influential effect on the aquatic environment reported in streams. We compared fish assemblages between shaded and unshaded sites in a shallow res ...