Jump to Main Content
- Chia, Poh Wai; Lim, Ban Soon; Yong, Fu Siong Julius; Poh, Seng-Chee; Kan, Su-Yin
- Environmental chemistry letters 2018 v.16 no.4 pp. 1493-1499
- 4-hydroxycoumarin; benzaldehyde; catalysts; catalytic activity; ethyl acetate; metals; onion peels; toxic substances; wastes
- ... Bisenols and its derivatives are attractive heterocyclic compounds exhibiting a wide range of biological properties, including anticancer, antipyretic and antimicrobial characteristics. Many catalytic systems have been reported to enhance the synthesis of bisenols, but these catalytic systems suffer from several drawbacks, such as the use of external metals, expensive and toxic chemicals. Thus, th ...
- Chen, Long; Huang, Xingyun; Tang, Min; Zhou, Danna; Wu, Feng
- Environmental chemistry letters 2018 v.16 no.4 pp. 1507-1511
- catalysts; catalytic activity; copper; dephosphorylation; free radicals; glyphosate; hydroxyl radicals; industrial applications; iron; oxidation; pH; sulfates; sulfites; synergism; toxicity; wastewater treatment
- ... Glyphosate is a broad-spectrum toxic herbicide that has entered the environment. Advanced oxidation processes efficiently remove various persistent organic contaminants. In particular, generation of sulfate radicals based on catalytic sulfite oxidation is promising, but previously used Fe(II/III) catalysts have reduced activity at pH above 4 due to precipitative deactivation. Therefore, here we te ...